If you are having trouble connecting or re-connecting the Lief device with the Lief App, the following are some recommendations that will fix most cases. If these do not resolve your issue, please file a ticket with us on ZenDesk Support, and we will help you.
1. Lief Device Charged?
Please see Charging your Lief and How to Check Lief's Charge.
2. Is Lief On Body?
- Lief must be on the body to connect with Bluetooth
- If you previously placed your Lief in "Airplane Mode" from within the Lief App's Settings, taking the Lief off your body for 10 seconds will reset the Bluetooth back to normal operation.
- Does the Lief buzz once when you place it on your body (an easy test without actually putting on your body is to place your two opposing thumbs on the left and right metal sockets), indicating it knows it's on your body?
3. Is the Android Device Compatible?
- Please ensure your phone supports Bluetooth 4.0 (a.k.a Bluetooth Low Energy, BLE, or Bluetooth Smart). Nearly all the newer mobile phones support this, but some older models do not.
4. Is the Android Device's Bluetooth Enabled?
- Many issues can be resolved by going to Android Settings -> Bluetooth and toggling the Bluetooth radio off and on again. Sometimes a phone power off -> power on cycle will do the trick.
5. Android App Permissions and Location Enabled
- Check your Android's "Settings -> Applications -> Lief -> Permissions" and ensure both "Location" and "Storage" are enabled. Location is required for Bluetooth applications on Android OS. [Reference: https://developer.android.com/about/versions/marshmallow/android-6.0-changes#behavior-hardware-id]
- Google Pixel and Nexus phones may additionally require your GPS to be enabled for Bluetooth to work properly. We recommend any Android user with Bluetooth issues enable GPS to make sure this is not affecting their device.
6. Connect Only in Lief App
- Make sure the Lief device is only connected from inside the Lief App. Don't try to connect in the Android Bluetooth settings, or it could cause problems.
7. More Troubleshooting
- If Lief device was previously connected to another nearby phone, and you haven't made that phone "forget" the Lief, the Lief App on that other phone will still try to re-connect to the Lief whenever it is nearby. You can make the Lief App on the other phone "forget" your Lief device by navigating to Lief App "Settings -> Pairing" and clicking on the connected Lief device to disconnect.
- Force close the Lief app (click Android multi-view button, then swipe away the Lief app to force close it). Now re-open Lief App and try to reconnect.
- If that doesn't work, navigate to "Android Settings -> Applications -> Lief" and click "Clear Cache" followed by "Force Stop" ... Now go to the Lief App "Select Device" screen and re-connect.
- If all of these methods fail, uninstall the Lief App and re-install.
If you require additional support, please open a ticket with us on ZenDesk Support and we will work with you to resolve the issue.